THROUGH THE SCIENCE OF OUR ADVANCED LASER TECHNOLOGY AT DR. MARTIN NIMMO SKIN & AESTHETICS, WE OFFER NON-INVASIVE VEIN REMOVAL TREATMENT FOR THE REMOVAL OF SMALL VASCULAR LESIONS INCLUDING FACIAL THREAD VEINS AND LEG VEINS.
Through the science of Nd:YAG laser technology we offer a non invasive vein removal treatment for the removal of smaller vascular lesions including facial thread veins and leg veins (telangiectasias).
A vein is a small blood vessel that sits near the surface of the skin. During vein removal treatment, laser light targets the blood that contains haemoglobin within the vessels.
The haemoglobin absorbs the laser light emitted converting it into heat.
This heat destroys the protein in wall of the vein vessel causing it to collapse and disperses the blood. The vessel is then reabsorbed naturally by the white blood cells with the body. An in-depth consultation with your thread vein removal specialist will be carried out to assess your personal needs before a treatment programme can proceed.
This is followed with a patch test to determine skin response and the size of vessels before treating unwanted veins.
If you would like to speak to our team about booking your consultation, please call Cobham on 01932 216 560, Chelsea on 020 3130 0003 or email email@example.com for more information.
Am I suitable for Laser Vein Removal?
Most clients are suitable for this treatment but during your consultation we will assess your concerns and ensure this is the correct treatment for you.
How many sessions will I require?
3-6 treatments are required for the optimum results with some maintenance treatments needed. An assessment will be carried out after your course of treatment has finished and a maintenance programme will be recommended by your practitioner.
What are the risks?
Limited risks but some veins will appear more apparently directly after treatment. The veins may appeared bruised, swollen and richer in colour. The surrounding area may feel warm and itchy.
Ensure the correct aftercare is followed.
Pre Treatment Advice
-Avoid the use of active ingredients (retinol, AHA’s and BHA’s) for 1 week
-Sun exposure should be avoided for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment and a new test patch will be required before your treatments can continue (no fake tan should be used during your laser treatments)
-If you are required to take new medication we may require to carry out a new test patch. Contact the clinic for advice if needed.
During your consultation a test patch will be performed and your first treatment can be carried out after 48 hours afterwards.
– After 48 hours, the skin over the treated veins will look slightly red, purple, or bruised. Sometimes the veins will be more visible than they were prior to treatment – this is normal. Within the first two to three weeks, the redness and purple colour will begin to fade.
– Each week, the colour will become lighter and the veins will become less noticeable., if any veins are still visible, another laser vein removal treatment will be necessary. The treated area must be treated with care. In the case of crusting or blistering of the skin in the treated area, apply an antibiotic ointment twice a day to the affected areas. Do not pick at these areas, as this may result in infection or scarring.
– Avoid all heat treatments including hot baths, saunas, steam baths and hot showers.
– No swimming in strongly chlorinated water.
– Do not use bleaching creams.
– Avoid perfumed products e.g. soaps, creams or perfumes.
– Leave any temporary skin responses such as redness to subside naturally.
– Do not touch, pick scratch or otherwise irritate the treated area.
– Do not shave the area for 72 hours
– Do not exfoliate the treated area or use any type of exfoliation peel, retinol and AHA’s for 1 week
– Avoid UV exposure, self tan and any Aesthetic treatments over the treated area for 2 weeks
|Single session||Course of 3 sessions||Course of 6 sessions|
Spread the cost of your treatment though our bespoke payment options. Click here to find out more.