Laser Pigment Removal
The Gold standard Alexandrite Laser is used to treat pigmentation.
During skin pigmentation treatments photons of light are selectively absorbed by the pigmentation (melanin).
This sudden increase in temperature causes the pigmentation structure to shatter.
The body’s own immune system removes the shattered pigment reducing the concern in colour and size.
If you would like to speak to our team about booking your consultation, please call Cobham on 01932 216 560, Chelsea on 020 3130 0003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Am I suitable for Laser Pigment?
Most clients are suitable for this treatment but during your consultation we will assess your concerns and ensure this is the correct treatment for you.
How many sessions will I require?
3-6 treatments are required for the optimum results with some maintenance treatments needed. An assessment will be carried out after your course of treatment has finished and a maintenance programme will be recommended by your practitioner.
What is the cost of Laser Pigment?
What are the risks?
Limited risks but some pigment lesions will appear more apparently directly after treatment.
They may appeared darker or slightly crusty. The surrounding area may feel warm and itchy.
Ensure the correct aftercare is followed.
Pre Treatment Advice
Avoid the use of active ingredients (retinol, AHA’s and BHA’s) for 1 week
-Sun exposure should be avoided for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment and a new test patch will be required before your treatments can continue (no fake tan should be used during your laser treatments)
-If you are required to take new medication we may require to carry out a new test patch. Contact the clinic for advice if needed.
During your consultation a test patch will be performed and your first treatment can be carried out after 48 hours afterwards.
– After 48 hours, the skin over the treated pigment will look slightly darker. Sometimes the pigment will be more visible than they were prior to treatment – this is normal. Within the first two to three weeks, the darkening of the lesion will reduce.
– Each week, the colour will become lighter and the pigment will become less noticeable., if any pigmented lesions are still visible, another treatment will be necessary. The treated area must be treated with care. In the case of crusting or blistering of the skin in the treated area, apply an antibiotic ointment twice a day to the affected areas. Do not pick at these areas, as this may result in infection or scarring.
– Avoid all heat treatments including hot baths, saunas, steam baths and hot showers.
– No swimming in strongly chlorinated water.
– Do not use bleaching creams.
– Avoid perfumed products e.g. soaps, creams or perfumes.
– Leave any temporary skin responses such as redness to subside naturally.
– Do not touch, pick scratch or otherwise irritate the treated area.
– Do not shave the area for 72 hours
– Do not exfoliate the treated area or use any type of exfoliation peel, retinol and AHA’s for 1 week
|Single session||Course of 3 sessions||Course of 6 sessions|
Spread the cost of your treatment though our bespoke payment options. Click here to find out more.